Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Prodromal Blues

Well, I haven't done well on keeping the resolutions: I bought yarn. Although, I did sell some yarn in order to afford this yarn. NOW I have to stop buying more. I am going to order some things from Knit Picks I think, needles mostly to knit what I have, or maybe not.

I got some lovely Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage which is a delightful single ply Merino. I thought the color-way looked like a burnt orange when I bought it, which was aptly named Amber Trinket; imagine my surprise when I opened the package and its a fabulously rich purple with amazing burnt orange undertones. My plan is to use it double stranded to make an Anthropolgie capelet, I just hope I have enough yarn.

I've also got the sock bug bad. Even though I've only actually finished one sock for moi, I want to BUY BUY BUY sock yarn. I have 6 skeins right now with another on the way and I can't stop looking. I even looked at the Three Irish Girls Sock Yarnista Club, although I really can't justify the price. I'm thinking the three-month club would be a good reward if I get down to 200# although I don't know that that is practical. That would be another 15 pounds on Mom's scale.

I decided to save my money from the spinning wheel and yarn sales to buy a new iPhone. So far, I have about $100 and a $50 Visa gift card so I need another $50 in yarn sales before Feb.3 when Verizon customers can buy them.

I feel totally run down today, guessing I'm getting a cold bug from the Beckel's gotta love the prodromal!

I went skiing last night with Joni to the Timberland Lighted Trail. It was a nice little ski loop, but not really a "work out". I'm planning to go this afternoon after J's naptime. I'd like to do the Beaver Brook ski trail, the one I haven't done yet. Maybe if I loose down to 190# I can reward myself with a new pair of skis?

No comments:

Post a Comment