Saturday, May 29, 2010

I have been doing some thinking, (no that's not the point) and I think I really need to limit my screen time. I realize this may seem contradictory to starting a new blog and maybe it is. However, I think that I need to spend more quality time online instead of just "surfing" around and looking at material things to spend money on.

We haven't had TV programming in our house for over two years and most the time we are satisfied with that choice. I find myself wondering what is the difference if I'm surfing on HyenaCart, Ravelry, ebay, craigslist, and Facebook all day long? So, my goal is to only be online while I wake up (drinking coffee in my PJ's until about 9) and after lil'J goes to bed until I go to bed at 9. This way I can keep up with the "goings-on" of the knitting, spinning, wool, cloth diapering, and facebook scene, but not waste my entire day on mindless internet drither.

Onto less exciting matters... Aunt Sally said she would GIVE me her spinning wheel which is awesome since she knows how to use it and that it works, etc. I'll be down at her house for the MREA Energy Fair in June so I can pick up the spinning wheel then! Then my friend Sara HH connected me with a fine lady up near Ashland who is willing to show me how to spin and wants to see my unique wheel! Hot diggity!

I made a comment on my facebook recently:

to all of you who are "so excited for the long weekend" please don't get sick or hurt or allow that in your family if you are in my "jurisdiction" so I can have a great long weekend too-- at work.


And someone wrote back about "but I bet you like a regular paycheck". Well, duh! But not at the expense of people being sick... Here was my response:
I'll be honest, I like a regular paycheck, but I also like my job. I do NOT like that people have to be sick for these to be possible, I'd rather everyone and their loved ones stay well... who can disagree with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment